An 11-year old girl has lost her life following a kerosene explosion in Etiti village, Ogidi, Idemili North local government area of Anambra state.
The deceased, Makuochukwu Nkwunabo, reportedly died while attempting to light up the lantern.
According to the father of the deceased, Mr. Nwoye Nkwunabo, the kerosene was bought four days ago before the daughter went for it.
He said, “As she poured the kerosene in the lantern and lit the matches, there was defeaning explosion and subsequent flame that enveloped the apartment.
“She died instantly but we took her to a nearby hospital where she was confirmed dead because of severe burns and suffocation.
“We have just buried her today. My daughter is now one of those killed as a result of adulterated kerosene we bought unknowingly from dealers.”
He called on government and other spirited individuals to come to his rescue, saying she was the third of his children.